You probably have a day job right now.
You have a stable job.
You have great people around you, great environment, but what would make it even better is if you could do the same work, but with the same compensation or better WHILE WORKING AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME.
That sounds pretty great to me!
You see… working in an office is costly. You are not saving as much because, for starters, you have to commute to and fro the office, you need to buy clothes appropriate for work every now and then, and also, you have to eat and sometimes there are no cheaper alternatives to the food stalls located near business centers (where you probably work).
In other words, you cannot really save! You will simply end up spending the money you get from work on things like transporting to and back the office.
The good news is, there are a LOT of other work options available.
And the best part? They can easily be found online, so you can work and be at home all at the same time!
There are several options for legitimate home based jobs, depending on your skill sets or preferred position, the most common are:
Full-time or Part-time Online Jobs
There are several online platforms that offer full-time or part-time employment. This type of work is somewhat the same as that in an office.
Full time work at home is not limited to programmers or virtual assistants. We have accountants, systems and network administrators, customer service representatives, technical support representatives, medical transcriptionists, and so on.
Here are some of the top online platforms that offer full time and/or part time jobs:
Outsourcely is a great place to find home based work and pay zero fees. Outsourcely is 100% free for remote workers.
- Upwork – this is where thousands of professional freelancers come to work in a variety of fields.
- OnlineJobs.ph is similar to Upwork, where you can be hired as a freelancer as well as a full-time or part-time employee.
- Craigslist is an online classified ad posting system for items for sale to job postings and other services.
- WeWorkRemotely offers high level and high paying jobs for US applicants but they also consider people from the Philippines.
- Stack Exchange is primarily a site for programmers and all tasks are related to software development only.
Projects are an excellent choice for short or long term work (depending on the task) that doesn’t require an extended contract.
You usually can’t even be categorized as a part time or full time employee if you are working on project basis. Some of the most common examples for this type of work are graphic design, 400-500 word articles about certain topics, transcription of audio files, typing out hand written documents, and more.
The top three sites for Projects based employment are:
- Upwork has a large database of professional freelancers that can get the job done. One of the pioneers in the work-from-home arena.
- Freelancer has a large database of freelancers (similar to Upwork) where you can list yourself to be hired
- PeoplePerHour is a smaller platform compared with the first two where you can go to find jobs and contracts.
Other Project-based sites:
- eSerbisyo offers various jobs, from freelance wedding planners to plumbers.
- Essays.ph is an outsourcing company specific for freelance writers and has an office based in Makati.
- 99designs hire freelance logo/graphic designers wherein these designers compete for the client’s approval of the designs they make. Clients will choose the design they wish to use and then the winning designer will get paid.
- DesignCrowd is an online marketplace providing logo, website, print and graphic design services by providing access to freelance graphic designers and design studios around the world.
- crowdSPRING is one of the largest marketplaces in the world for crowdsourced logo design, web design, print design, product design, naming and other writing services.
- PortfolioMNL is the meeting ground for Filipino creative professionals to grow, work their talent, and be inspired by their peers.
- Crowdsite is similar to 99designs. Contest holders can start a design competition for logos and graphics that you can use for your business.
- With HireTheWorld, You can get access to thousands of freelance designers from all over the world.
- 199Jobs can get various jobs done for only ₱199 each.
- Raket.ph is like the yellow pages directory but for freelancers.
- Fiverr can get you anything for $5
BPO (Business Process Outsourcing)
BPO companies are sometimes aptly called “call centers” or “contact centers”. They often do offshore business that caters to the needs of companies from all over the world who outsource their employees to distant countries, such as the Philippines.
These BPO companies have sprouted like mushrooms and now a days, there are call center offices whichever direction you turn your head (no kidding!).
Another type of BPO is the home based type or Online BPO which pretty much does the same thing: outsource workers who are willing to work from home. However, as this is a “Business”, there are certain requirements, namely fast and reliable internet connection, a desktop or laptop with updated hardware and software, an actual workspace from home which should be quiet and free from distractions. The most common type of work caters to English tutorial services, VA or virtual assistant services and other IT related work.
Some popular BPO companies that allow you to work from home!
With an office based in Makati, Remote Staff is an online outsourcing company where you can sign up as an applicant and then their recruitment team will match your skills with a potential client.
- Virtual Coworker has a recruitment team here in the Philippines which makes the entire hiring process an ease because you are being screened by a Filipino.
- SourceFit offers offshore staffing solutions for small and medium businesses worldwide.
- 2ndOffice have various job offerings for Filipino workers from data entry to marketing jobs and more.
- Philippine Global Outsourcing is one of the pioneers in the outsourcing business and was founded here in the Philippines in 1995. Office is located in Davao city, Philippines.
Online English Tutorial BPO companies
Other BPO companies that allow you to work from home include:
- Big Outsource
- Virtual Done Well
- Virtual Staff Finder
- Pepper Virtual Assistant
- 5 Star VA
- WebFocus Solution
- EHB BPO
Power Pinoys. (2016). Top 14 Online Job Sites in the Philippines. [online] Available at: http://powerpinoys.com/apply-online-jobs-philippines/ [Accessed 19 May 2017].
HERE!, S., Saving, B., 101, I., more, E., Manalili, B. and Coworker, V. (2015). 15 Sites where you can apply online jobs in the Philippines. [online] Personal Finance Tips. Available at: https://www.thinkpesos.com/15-websites-where-you-can-apply-online-jobs-in-the-philippines/ [Accessed 19 May 2017].
Jonas, J. (2015). 4 Websites for Hiring Filipino Online Workers Directly – OJ Blog. [online] OJ Blog. Available at: https://www.onlinejobs.ph/blog/4-websites-for-hiring-filipino-online-workers-directly [Accessed 19 May 2017].