Graduation is on the horizon. Many fresh graduates will flock government offices to get their employment credentials and requisites. You know, the likes of NBI clearance and SSS Number.
I remember when I applied for my SSS membership back in 2015, I went to an SSS Satellite center in Manila and there was already a long line of people waiting for the SSS office trying to get their number.
And if I remember it correctly, it took me around 4 to 5 hours to complete the entire process and finally have my Social Security Number.
That was so much hassle.
I don’t know if I didn’t know it before, but you can actually get your SSS number without falling in line. Pff, not even sweating. You can get it online!
How to Get Your SSS Number Online
- Visit the SSS Website at sss.gov.ph and click “NO SSS NUMBER YET? Apply Online!” or click this LINK.
- Fill out the Applicant Record Verification form with your name and date of birth.
- Enter a valid and accessible email address. If you don’t have an email address yet, create one with Gmail or Yahoo depending on your preference. This is very important because this is how you’re going to be notified of your SSS membership online application.
- Type the word shown in the Word Verification box and click Submit.
- You should receive an email from SSS with the link to the second phase or the continuation of your application. That’s if SSS determined that you don’t have an existing SSS number yet.
- Click the link from the email or copy-paste it to your browser.
Tip: Try it first using Internet Explorer. If it doesn’t work, try other browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for Apple devices.
- Fill out the Basic Information form with all the required information and make sure they’re all correct to avoid issues or discrepancies.
- Review all the information you provided. Should you need to edit anything, just click PREVIOUS and make necessary corrections.
- Click Generate SS Number.
- Your Social Security Number will be shown on the screen with your name and date of birth.
IMPORTANT: This SSS number would be considered as “temporary”.
To convert it to permanent status, click the Print SSS Number Slip button and print the form, then present it to any SSS branch together with the other required documents which will be shown on the web page.
Once your temporary SSS number is converted to permanent, you can now use it to file for various SSS benefits and loan privileges.
You can also apply for the UMID (Unified Multipurpose Identification) card if at least one monthly contribution has already been posted.
For more info on how to get your temporary SSS number online, click the link below.