Looking for a no-cook, quick and easy recipe that can turn into a profitable business? Then perhaps, this pastillas recipe is the answer you are searching for. Filipinos are so in love to sweets. There are many sweet treats to be found in different region such as tarts, yema, cakes, and many other native dishes.
Cooking pastillas require no heating. You can make it by just mixing the ingredients together and there it is, a sweet delicious milk candy ready for dessert. The best pastillas are the ones made using carabao’s milk just like what the San Miguel, Bulacan and Laguna offered. But if you don’t have access in this ingredients, you can always use other milk. Just make sure you did well in the packaging so you have your edge among the others. There are many ways on how you can make it unique, such as using food color and shaping it into a rose that is perfect for valentine’s season. Do a little research and be creative, know what’s trending and adopt it to satisfy the demand of your customers.
If you want to venture in this food business, here is an easy recipe you can start trying:
- 2 cups powdered milk, sifted
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar, sifted
- Place the condensed milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually fold-in the powdered milk. The texture of the mixture will be similar to dough once all the powdered milk is completely added.
- Scoop some of the mixture and mold into cylinders.
- Roll each molded cylindrical mixture on granulated sugar.
- Wrap in paper or cellophane.
- Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!